Tags: along, attorney, battle, house, law, lawyer, legal, null, property, protect, share, stays, trusts, void, wills, yrs

How do I Null & Void a Will?

On Lawyer & Legal » Wills & Trusts

1,259 words with 1 Comments; publish: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:22:00 GMT; (80093.75, « »)

After along battle with my ex, 7 yrs, I have the house in my name, and a property share stays 1/2 and 1/2. I previously to protect myself from loosing my home to some gal he may of remarried had us draw up wills that if one should die, the home and the 1/2 share (my money put up on that deal) would go to the other. Now after much money and court I have the house and still 1/2 the share. I dont have any money left for a new will to name my fiance and future husband to have the home and 1/2 share if i die, and these 2 wills are open right now. How can I null and void the current will of my own? Will a simple home do it will be enough? What are the steps I need to take to make sure that my ex doesnt get my home and 1/2 the share in case of my death?

Thankyou for any help

All Comments

Leave a comment...

    • 1-8-2002


      You forgot to mention what state you live in, and it is that state's probate laws that will apply in your situation.

      The easiest way for you to cancel the old wills is to create a new one, which will automatically void the other one. All your questions about your particular situation can be answered by your probate attorney. The divorce and remarriage situation also will have the effect of revoking sections of the old will.

      #1; Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:03:00 GMT